OST climbs the Southern Alps

Joelle Lyons Everett JLEShelton at aol.com
Thu May 29 10:45:37 PDT 2003

Mike--

In working with the managers of an organization as we plan for the Open
Space, I encourage them to be full participants in the Open Space, "on an equal
basis with everyone else."  Being away from their normal workplace helps, and I
sometimes encourage everyone to wear "casual, comfortable clothes," which
eliminates some of the visible signs of rank.  But the self-organizing nature of
Open Space takes care of most of the issues of rank--it takes people out of
their normal context.

Congratulations on what sounds like a great event!

Joelle