Fw: Open Space Technology

Srma Consulting srmacons at eunet.yu
Thu May 29 00:36:15 PDT 2003

Dear OS friends,

This message comes to me in moment when I was thinking
how to describe my feelings and experience that I have it in this
OS event in Slovenia.

I decided that forwarding this message to OSlist will tell everything.

Mee Peng was my roommate in Castle Borl, and she is great friend
with great potential and talent to be a good host :)

Mee Peng thank you for this message.

Warmly,

Dragana Tomic
Training Consultant
draganatomic4hr at yahoo.com

Srma Consulting
* selection * training * headhunting *

Belgrade, Kneza Milosa 58
phone/fax   +381 11 36 11 972
mobile        +381 64 16 24 669
www.srma.co.yu

Sent: 28 May 2003 03:11 PM
Subject: Open Space Technology

Dear friends,

Recently, I went to a seminar called "Art of Hosting and Convening Meaningful Conversation" in Slovenia with about 30 international participants. In this seminar, Open Space Technology (OST) was introduced and used in the entire seminar. OST is an operating system or method.

In the seminar, all of us challenged our leadership skill and learning together in the community (all partcipants). It was a fantastic learning experience!
OST creates 'space' for people who are interested to join you not just for discussion, but about doing something! OST is about freedom, responsibility and trust.

On the last day of the seminar, I challenged myself to be the 'host' of one session (we called the trainer/facilitator/chair in this seminar as 'host', host is someone who creates a intent or purpose for the entire session and then invite people for certain discussion).
I felt the energy or magic being a host and using OST. The energy came from the community. I understand now what is about responsibility, freedom, trust, conversation, creativity, passion, heart and patience (thanks Alenka!)

I was crying at the closing of this session.... crying because I was so lucky to be there, crying because I saw the essence of life, crying because I saw how OST can improve my life and my family's, my friends' and my community in Malaysia. I am coming home for good!

As I was one of the lucky one, I would like to deliver my 'luck' to you...
There is a seminar called "Learning Village" is going to be held at Castle Borl, Slovenia from 6th-12th July. Art of Hosting seminar was at Castle Borl too.
You can check on the website www.borl.org
Learning Village has been organised the 3rd year in a row now. OST will be used as operating system. The fee is 150euro not including accommodation. We can sleep in the castle as it is the cheapest way :)
I am going there to further enhance my hosting skill of OST. I am inviting you to join me.

If you cant join me but are interested, I attached the website for your reading.

Take care!
Mee Peng

Open space technology - "Open space, a users guide": http://www.mindspring.com/~owenhh/Brief%20User's%20Guide.htm

Circle: http://www.peerspirit.com/htmlpages/circlebasicsprv.html