organizing protests?

Joelle Lyons Everett JLEShelton at aol.com
Thu May 29 10:37:11 PDT 2003

In a message dated 5/29/03 9:20:27 AM, mherman at globalchicago.net writes:

<< noticing what is seems most important about that "right," john... it is

access to the language (more a skill i think than a right), the chance

to demonstrate that skill in inside conversations earns the right to use

the network.  more skill, more connection points, more effective use of

network that already exists. >>

In addition to access to language, I believe that committing time and energy
also builds a "right" to have some say in how work is accomplished.  It's
related to "Whoever comes is the right people"--those who show up will shape what
is done, and I think this is totally appropriate.

At an Open Space a few months ago, a young man told me that one of his
ambitions was to find a way to encourage environmentalists to be less
self-righteous.  Helping peace activists to be more peaceful strikes me as another worthy
goal.

Joelle

Joelle