organizing protests?

Michael Herman mherman at globalchicago.net
Thu May 29 09:35:53 PDT 2003

j, t, h,

noticing what is seems most important about that "right," john... it is
access to the language (more a skill i think than a right), the chance
to demonstrate that skill in inside conversations earns the right to use
the network.  more skill, more connection points, more effective use of
network that already exists.  in your case, ted, you have the language
and plenty of access to the network.  your network *includes* the groups
you are talking about here, so your broad announcement of the invite you
write may even grow the group in question.

also worth noting the line between 'projects' and 'organization'...as
you can propose a 'project' that picks up a question of the whole
organization, like harrison's theme, and suddenly the whole dissolves
into itself, in the doing of a project.  the nature of the dissolving is
powerful, but necessarily without edges.  so there is no opening.  only
the invitation and the action, the project and the organization, inside
and outside, each embracing the other.

John Engle wrote:

>friends,
>
>as a part of the peace activist group, i say amen to
>the analysis and prescription, harrison, ted and
>michael.
>
>i will share some things that some of you are already
>aware of. forgive the redundancy.
>
>the approach that i have taken in trying to live out
>my convictions, having an analysis not unlike you
>described harrison, is an attempt to "earn the right."
>i made the decision to become a 'reservist' with
>christian peacemaker teams (cpt), which meant
>attending their month long training on nonviolence,
>which while very good was far from open space, and
>committing to being available for three years to visit
>'hotspots' once or twice a year in an effort to
>support cpt's longterm teams.
>
>throughout my monthlong training, and during my brief
>time in israel/palestine territories with cpt and
>their partners, i am promoting open space. thus, i am
>now an 'insider' with them...a subversive within a
>subversive movement :)
>
>john
>

>=====
>Website: http://theexperiment.info
>Sitentenet : http://eksperyansla.info
>Site : http://Lexperience.info
>
>Patisipe nan konvèsasyon sou entènet la sou Espas Ouvri ak Wonn
>Refleksyon - voye yon mesaj a :
>reseauforumouvert-subscribe at yahoogroups.com
>
>*
>*