typing their own notes...

Winston Kinch kinch at rogers.com
Tue May 27 20:47:49 PDT 2003

Hi Peggy:
I have done a one day for sixty CEOs (Harrison facilitated the same group two years before). No change in the process is necessary or appropriate IMO. As you well know, you are speaking of the "planners" concerns, not those of the execs themselves. What we did was to have a typist available (unheralded) in the event there were a few who literally couldn't, or egoically wouldn't, type up their own reports on the laptops provided. Out of the group, I recall one, maybe two, who asked for and made use of the service. Guess what? They/we ALL make notes every day, whether it is on their Blackberries or their "leather computers" as I call my faithful Day-Timer. Fact is, it becomes almost a 'reverse psychology' situation. Once one of them dives in (and there is no problem there with executives!) the others are dammed if they are going to be seen dictating... and anyway you have the backup there in case,,,
wk