Raffi's letter on Os and the women of Ingushetia

Birgitt Williams birgitt at mindspring.com
Tue May 13 17:20:52 PDT 2003

Dear Anne,
Thank you for alerting us all to your work with curanderismo including the
aspects of soul retrieval work based on the trauma of soul loss. I believe
that this is such important work that you do and Ihope that exactly the
right paths clear for you to do this with very traumatized people such as
the women that Raffi is working with.  I have some questions. With this type
of work, do the women need to give permission? And if so, how does Raffi
assist the women to understand what it is that is offered and to get this
permission? I wonder if it would be easier for him to do this once he has
had a number of OST meetings with them and established a more trusting
relationship. I also wonder if it is possible to have people from the
culture that Raffi is working in to learn how to do this healing and then
they will have the skill base there. Is this possible and what would be
required?

I too believe that the healing arts are a great compliment to working with
OST and your e-mail has caused me to stop and do some thinking. In the Altay
region of Siberia, Russia, there are shamans, and in Russia, there are
remote healers and healers of many types. I am thinking aloud on the list,
wondering what might be possible to facilitate healing beyond OST. My
knowledge of these healers and their work is that they must be invited AND
that the people to receive the healing must ask and must give permission.
And there lies a challenge. I am wondering if OST can assist in bringing
about a desire for such healing, including the one you are offering.

Thank you for raising your offer.

Blessings,
Birgitt