Comments from the Sponsor of "2108"

Harrison Owen owenhh at mindspring.com
Fri May 16 05:42:24 PDT 2003

Under the heading of stories and comments from "2108" -- the following
comes from Albrech Mahr, who along with his wife Brirgitte, sponsored and
organized the event. Added  to all the wonderful pictures we have been
viewing and we seem to be  developing something like a "case study." God
Help us. We could turn into proper academics.

Harrison

Until the very last moments before the beginning I was not sure how it
would be
accepted by the participants given the fact that it was not a strictly
typical OS, i.e. there was not one single highly controversial issue to be
solved. But that fact did not de-energize the OS field into a noncommittal
"whatever anybody suits" place but rather into a multilevel / multifocal
space for expressing and sharing much of the huge amount of input and
experience of the 3 previous days of the conference. We talked to many,
many people and we got even more email feedback - all of it very, very
positive and even enthusiastic about the rich possibilities to stay
together for one day, digest, process and express all the experience and
ideas and creating new perspectives. For some of the participants the OS
was exactly what it historically meant to be: a big, creative, relaxing and
yet beautifully meaningful coffee break which could only make sense within
the togetherness of the whole conference, within mankind as one participant
put it.
For me it is an encouraging experinec to re-shape the classical conference
format into the first part of working, learning etc and the second part of
playfully-committedly
making a personal meaning out of the conference in close connection with my
human fellows.

Dr. Albrecht Mahr, Brigitte Mahr
Institut for Systems Constellations
Mittlerer Dallenbergweg 37 a