Comments from the Sponsor of "2108"

Artur Ferreira da Silva artsilva at mail.eunet.pt
Sat May 17 03:27:49 PDT 2003

At 08:42 16-05-2003 -0400, Harrison Owen wrote:

>Under the heading of stories and comments from "2108" -- the following
>comes from Albrech Mahr, who along with his wife Brirgitte, sponsored and
>organized the event. Added  to all the wonderful pictures we have been
>viewing and we seem to be  developing something like a "case study."

More a "documented tale", than a "case study", anyhow (and thank you,
Harrison, for the clarification about the start up time).

And now for a completely different subject, about different nacional
cultures. Can someone from Germany help me understand the meaning of  "Dr."
in the signature of rhe sponsor.

>Dr. Albrecht Mahr, Brigitte Mahr

Does it mean that he is a physicist? Has a PhD? A BA of any kind?

Is it comun in German someone sigh and call himself a "Dr."? And do the
others normally call such a person "Dr. FFFF NNNN"?

Thank you

Artur