convergence with

Pannwitz, Michael M mmpanne at snafu.de
Wed Mar 12 04:09:44 PST 2003

hi there,
people specializing in brain research say it takes  6 weeks of
"reflection" or whatever for things to really materialize
Congruently, I have been suggesting 6 to 8 weeks minimum
The questions asked (and worked on in a structured manner, that is
these are then tasks)
-What did we agree on at the os (regarding a particular project)
-What has taken place since then
Short session (15 minutes) in project-centered groups
Exchange of all that data with the whole group
-What are the next steps
Longer session of 30 minutes in project-centered groups
Exchange in the whole group
Further agreements of the whole group (we meet again, for instance,
which is often the case)
Feedback for the whole group on the meeting (the meeting takes 2,5
hours including a break at the start, a short view back to the os
supported by posters, etc. from the os as decoration at the followup
meeting)
peace
mmp

On Wed, 12 Mar 2003 11:40:44 +0100, Gerard Muller wrote:

>Hello Bernd,
>
>If I facilitate a one day event I usually have one follow-up meeting, as a rule between 1-2 weeks afterwards.
>I feel that's enough time to reflect over what has happened and not so long that memories have faded, and energy
>and motivation have started to go down.
>
>Content of the speech (but fill in anything you like) the way I used it was:
>
>I would invite to imagine that the next morning would be another meeting, in a yearºs time (or whatever horizon
>would seem to fit) and that the group had achieved enormous progress since the Open Space.
>And I would say we had agreed that before going on that meeting (a year from now) a few would make a speech of a
>few minutes, looking back. The story would be about
>- where are we now, and what is different ?
>- how has the journey been ?
>- what were the main successes and problems, and how did we overcome those problems ?
>- how did this group support the journey ?
>
>Greetings from
>

>Gerard Muller
>Open Space Institute Denmark
>

>WB-TrainingConsultingDevelopment wrote:
>
>> Gerard,
>>
>> since I have not really a clear picture, when you speak about "follow-up meeting" and "follow-up" I want to ask:
>> 1. the "follow up meeting" is one immediately  or in the hours after the final circle of the 1day event?
>> 2. Did/do you specify what the speech should be about?
>>
>> Bernd
>>
>> On Tue, 11 Mar 2003 23:47:01 +0100, Gerard Muller wrote:
>> follow-up meeting with a smaller group to review and look at follow-
>> up. I will then suggest everyone to prepare a 3 minute speech as it
>> seems to work, it is fun and it still mostly uses intuition and
>> energy. In a follow-up session I can really recommend it .
>>
>> *
>> *
>> Visit:

>*
>*
>Visit:

Michael M Pannwitz
boscop
Draisweg 1
12209 Berlin, Germany
FON +49 - 30-772 8000     FAX +49 - 30-773 92 464
www.michaelmpannwitz.de

An der E-Gruppe "openspacedeutsch" für deutschsprechende open space-PraktikerInnen interessiert? Enfach eine mail an mich.