convergence with

Pannwitz, Michael M mmpanne at snafu.de
Thu Mar 6 10:39:57 PST 2003

I like this, m, focus on what I, we will do.
The other stuff is just data on priorities or whatever that we might
get involved in.
That also takes the politics out of it when action is not focused on
things prioritised by the entire group but action is taken on things
that people care about regardless of the priorities.
Using dots, even the 55, Delphi Method, by the way, takes just
minutes.
Regardless of how many people or issues you have, it takes no more
than 10 minutes to distribute the dots.
The counting, even if there are 300 on a sheet and there are 50
issuses to be counted also takes no more than ten minutes (volunteer
participants do this simultaneously).
Time has not been a restraint in this.
mmp

On Thu, 6 Mar 2003 11:56:52 -0600, Michael Herman wrote:

>yep, we did that in peoria, but for sure it's not *mine*...
>standard user's guide stuff and the tasc software that's
>been around forever (relatively speaking) and before i
>arrived.
>
>elsewhere... it seems all these weighing, voting, etc.
>processes are asking what "should" we do.  i find more and
>more that i'm interested in what "will" we do.  and that's
>why i usually skip over the actual voting bit and reopen for
>actions.  the questions i usually use are "what else? (to
>finish lingering discussions) and what next?"  i like, too,
>what harrison and some others mentioned at osonos this year,
>something like "what is necessary to support this spirit,
>action, work, project, whatever, going forward?"  this lets
>people do all that processing and sifting in their bodies
>rather than in the computers.  this seems what brian's
>response of "what seems right for you" does, too.
>
>i think the voting and the reopening can work fine together,
>as well.  i'm not sure i've ever had the time available to
>do both.

Michael M Pannwitz
boscop
Draisweg 1
12209 Berlin, Germany
FON +49 - 30-772 8000     FAX +49 - 30-773 92 464
www.michaelmpannwitz.de

An der E-Gruppe "openspacedeutsch" für deutschsprechende open space-PraktikerInnen interessiert? Enfach eine mail an mich.