convergence with

David Koehler Nsdmk at aol.com
Thu Mar 6 08:26:25 PST 2003

Just to "weigh in" on the convergence issue. Michael Herman has the best
system I've seen to gather priorities.  He has participants vote via
computer, which weights a persons ten choices in rank order.  When all are
done entering their picks, the software program quickly tabulates the
results, which can then be reported back to the group before the closing
circle begins.

What I observed, when he did this at an educational OS in Peoria last June,
is that the politics were taken out of the process.  Having done the dots
before, I feel that   in using the dot method, many people are influenced by
what they see their friends doing.

Maybe Michael would be willing to say more about this.

Dave Koehler