the artist's way

Ashley Cooper ashcooper at earthlink.net
Thu Mar 27 17:01:49 PST 2003

hello all,

i have been asked to facilitate a support group on the theme of the book
The Artist's Way by Julia Cameron.  evidently (i've not read the book yet)
the book's chapters include activities to be followed each week. previous
facilitators outlined the material in order to keep the group "on track." i
suggested a more open space manner of bringing forth the points of interest
that the group wishes to explore. the convener is pretty attached to
following the guidelines of the book. however, she has said she really
wants for me to facilitate and is understanding that working from a clear
outline of what comes next is not my style. any suggestions as to how i can
successfully  mesh these two approaches together?
thanks for any input.

peace,
ashley