Rome was one year ago - any news?

Pannwitz, Michael M mmpanne at snafu.de
Thu Jun 26 13:58:17 PDT 2003

Dear Artur,
the text you quote is contained as a quote in ho's book "The Practice
of Peace" (pages 74 through 80, followed by "A Participant's
Reaction", pages 80 and 81).
Commenting on this particular open space, ho then writes on page 82
"At no point during our time together did I intervene in any way with
any group".
The "intervention" that you describe is an often used  procedure (not
a rule) on the "third day" (of course, done in different style,
intensity, etc.), having a phase of reflection, sometimes with the
suggestion that everyone might reflect by herself/ himself and then
join with another person for sharing and clarification before moving
into action planning.
See you in Denmark
mmp

On Thu, 26 Jun 2003 19:28:37 +0100, Artur Ferreira da Silva wrote:

>But then, we notice that this (very special) facilitator they got (after
>the one he recommended could not come - but I am sure it would be different
>but also brilliant), we notice that the facilitator in the evening of the
>second day was very concerned with content and in the morning of the last
>day he did a completely surprising (and NOT-on-the-book) thing: he
>intervened about content. Avner commented at the time, and I agree, that
>this was a touch of genius. (Genius is one word we use if there are two
>conditions: (1) someone broke the rules - written by others or by himself -
>and (2) it worked well. If condition (2) is not true, we call the same
>attitude silly...)

Michael M Pannwitz
boscop
Draisweg 1
12209 Berlin, Germany
FON +49 - 30-772 8000     FAX +49 - 30-773 92 464
www.michaelmpannwitz.de

An der E-Gruppe "openspacedeutsch" für deutschsprechende open space-PraktikerInnen interessiert? Enfach eine mail an mich.