Too Little Time

Joelle Lyons Everett JLEShelton at aol.com
Fri Jun 13 11:02:39 PDT 2003

Julie--

A few months ago, a colleague and I facilitated a two-hour Open Space with a
professional organization that wanted to do some future planning and get more
people engaged in the tasks needed to keep the organization going.

It was a small group, which was easier.  We finally decided on one round of
sessions on the question of what members wanted from the organization and one
round of sessions on "What's Next."  It was a bit frantic, but we managed the
two rounds of discussion and a closing circle, where we asked people to voice
any commitments they had decided to make.

Participants were very excited and engaged.  The organization had been
offering a series of meetings with excellent speakers--people were thrilled to have
a chance to have meaningful conversations with their colleagues.  Several
offers of help were made, and this group has met to plan how they will implement
their suggestions.

I think Larry's design is quite feasible, and I concur that you should let
people know that they are experiencing only a part of the full possibilities of
Open Space.

Good luck!

Joelle Everett