OSLIST Digest - 13 Jul 2003 to 14 Jul 2003 (#2003-188)

Ralph Copleman rcopleman at comcast.net
Tue Jul 15 07:22:34 PDT 2003

On 7/15/03 2:00 AM, "Automatic digest processor"
<LISTSERV at LISTSERV.BOISESTATE.EDU> wrote:

> Have any of you done something similar?  Suggestions for the incredibly =
> short time?? (am I nuts??)  I am counting on the 45-60 min rule of =
> organizing for ANY size group!!
> thanks
> Darcy  in Maine

Darcy and all,

I've used open space for the very purpose you describe, although I was
allotted more time.

I think you can make it work this way:

1.  Drop the idea from your mind that there is a "rule" about what a group
needs to organize.
2.  Remember that the groups don't have to be "organized" for this task.
All they need to do is a) name the task they're working on, and b) spell out
one or two very immediate first steps they can take along their path.
Something as simple as specifying one or two agenda items for their first
meeting (or equivalent) will do just fine.
2.  Schedule at least 2 sessions.  Even if they're only 15 minutes each.
The groups will know they have limited time, and they will respond
accordingly.

Ralph Copleman