Continuity of week-apart sessions?

Fr Brian S Bainbridge briansb at mira.net
Sat Jan 25 16:58:26 PST 2003

For Doug German:
It was a school staff, starting up a new elementary school.
They wanted to check on how they were going and what matters they needed to be
giving priority.
They decided to use Open Space and this person to open the space.
Day one - about an hour and a half - ran well and, as Michael Pannwitz would
say, used straight Open Space.
Day two - I just put on the wall the material they had put on the wall,
exactly as it had been when we finished last week, including the topics that
had been dealt with.  The knew exactly where they were up to, and just went on
with it
Day three - exactly the same. Then we did a closing circle at the end of Day
three it was a Wednesday, too), and all were delighted.
We did the report as we went and they put those papers on the wall as well.
And that became the agenda for what the staff and the school worked on for the
following months.
A little later in the year, there was some difficulty with the Grade 5 kids,
and they used Open Space with the two classes and the children sorted out the
difficulties most easily and happily, to the amazement of the staff.  But
that's another story.
Maybe that will help your thinking a little, Doug.
Cheers and blessings,   BRIAN.