How explain/demonstrate OS to Rotary, Kiwanis, Lions, etc.?

Elena A. Marchuk marco at mail.nsk.ru
Sun Jan 12 19:21:18 PST 2003

Hi Doug,

I just make it!
But you can not make os in 15 minutes, but you can ask to do it next time as
nothing can 'show' the ost meeting
also if you want to have a discussions on subject which could be not
interesting for all- it could be a problem
my experience when I want to show os in some groups is to find the theme
which 'could be of interest to everybody.

in June on our 1st conference of Russian Rotary clubs of District 5010 (we
have here Alaska, Yukon, and Siberia and Far East of Russia (2/3 of it) we
did the 2 hours OS on "Components of Successful Work of Russian Rotary,
where you could find questions from all rotary directions...so you could of
invite them to join you some convinient time, so you could show the method
and to discuss the theme...as Rotary meeting really gives speakers only 20
minutes...

I provide facilitation for 3 more meetings as people did like the
technology, 2 was for Rotaract - youth part of Rotary who said that it is
the best method when you can solve problems, in 20 minutes, which you
couldn't even think how to do them for ... years..

and one for West Siberia Rotary Assembley, at the begining of December
and hope that I could make it and do one more on the workshop "Rotary in
Russia" in February 7-9 in Sacramento, Ca, where we would make something
"Rotary in Russia: questions and possibilities" - and ost event as a part of
the whole conference

the results (many different topics discussed which have the interest of the
participants who come) and the enthusiasm, which OS gives is usually very
extraordianary!

best wishes
elena
novosibirsk, russia