How explain/demonstrate OS to Rotary, Kiwanis, Lions, etc.?

Vliex, Carla (cvl) CVL at tg.nl
Sun Jan 12 08:18:13 PST 2003

Hi Doug

I had last week 40 consultants and managers from a consulting firm and had
15 minutes to tell something about Open Space.

What I did:

I had one wall totally blank
I had post-its on another wall with timeand room indications.
I had blank sheets in the middle of the room and markers.
I had the principles, the law of two feet and the roles in pictures  on
another wall
I had beautiful nepalese bells

It started with someone ringing the bell and I just asked evrybody to sit in
a circel. I asked them whether they had questions and/or remarks on the
subject at hand and someone wrote them on a flipchart.

I sat in the circel myself; I didn't walk around and I told them about the
origine of Open Space, some figures and facts, the mechanisme of Open Space
(circel, bulletin board, marketplace) and theb the princples, the law and
the role. I wove their former remarks and questions in my story as to
explain how it works.

And you know a lot of them really liked it and had very good ideas of using
Open Space in their work. For themselves; they liked much the lwa of the two
feet.

I  you want to know more, you can contact me aprt from the list by mail or:
0031-653927407 in the Netherlands.

love and sunshine
Carla