are we there yet? (long)

john engle englejohn at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 17 13:17:37 PST 2003

hi esther and birgitt.

anything that eistein said gets my attention and respect. this quote is
particularly interesting and really leaves a lot of options.

for instance, if the universe allows planet earth to stop functioning, this
would be a very friendly thing for the tens (hundreds?) of millions of
people whose daily lives are characterised by misery...hunger, pain,
violence, etc. it would be an unfriendly thing (the world to self-destruct)
for those of us who enjoy eating when we want to and sleeping in clean dry
beds etc and who aspire the same for our children.

there is a haitian proverb that says, "we see from where we stand." thus,
what a friendly universe does might be considered friendly to some and
unfriendly to others.

john

http://www.beyondborders.net/experiment.htm

http://search.msn.fr/worldwide.asp