are we there yet? (long)

Larry Peterson larry at spiritedorg.com
Mon Feb 17 13:27:10 PST 2003

A few thoughts prompted by this rich discussion:

One view of the "parousia" of Christian Nirvana (heaven or whatever in
Blue language the "Kingdom of God") is that it is both present and
coming.  It does partly relate to "invitation" (which is always there)
and to "realization" which is still in a state of becoming.  I think the
invitation is there and some individuals reach enlightenment, but I do
believe that the journey is for the whole of creation, all four
quadrants.  It is a journey we are still on and that we are co-creating
with Spirit that invites.  Ken Wilbur has described well that the
journey of which we are conscious, in this incarnation called earth &
universe, is at a particular place and is continuing to grow.  In that
sense, I don't think we are where we will become - spiritually,
conceptually, morally, physically.  But the invitation is there and
becoming more conscious.  I agree Open Space Technology is a way to
practice collectively responding to the invitation and experiencing
"being there" at least for a while, as we can with yoga & meditation as
individuals --  but "being there" will be different when our
consciousness (and all four quadrants) develop further.

Larry

Larry Peterson
Associates in Transformation
Toronto, ON, Canada