1. Anecdote 2. Request

Chris Corrigan chris at chriscorrigan.com
Tue Feb 4 21:32:57 PST 2003

No way in the world "I" could have done it without Laurel...it was a
team effort all the way, and she did all the hard work!

*hugs to the partner on the big Island to my west!*

Chris

---
CHRIS CORRIGAN
Consultation - Facilitation
Open Space Technology

Bowen Island, BC, Canada
http://www.chriscorrigan.com
chris at chriscorrigan.com

Michael
>  Herman
>  Sent: Tuesday, February 04, 2003 8:51 PM
>  To: OSLIST at LISTSERV.BOISESTATE.EDU
>  Subject: Re: 1. Anecdote 2. Request
>
>  my god, chris! ...it's just amazing that osonos9 worked at all, what
with
>  you not studied up on all the finer points of the user's guide...
good
>  thing you had laurel around to keep you on track!
>
>  will add that i scheduled my first two open space events before i'd
ever
>  even seen it done and facilitated them before i saw any training.
they
>  both worked fine, of course.  i did the selling of one of those first
two
>  events with the help of a local nun by the name of joan murray who i
>  found
>  through harrison's website.  she helped me counter the sponsor's
concerns
>  that "we're not sure catholics can do this... catholics like
structure."
>  that's still one of my favorites!
>
>  i think the most important part of the training is the getting
connected
>  the wealth of resources that are out there now for support and
learning.
>  going back to the previous incarnation of ost on metanet, ost has
always
>  been a community conversation for me.  i try to welcome new people
into
>  that conversation at various levels and try to give them enough of
the
>  jargon so that they can jump in as full participants.  i suppose the
>  other
>  important bit is getting in touch with some of those inner resources
>  (head,
>  heart, experience, peace) that many might not realize are so valuable
in
>  an
>  open space life.
>
>  this is just a great place to be.  thanks to all.

>  Chris Corrigan wrote:
>
>  > Lisa:
>  >
>  > I always prod people to read the User's Guide too, beforehand, but
if
>  > they cannot get a copy of the book (because they live on a reserve
in
>  > the Yukon and even Amazon can't find them), I direct them to
Harrison's