1. Anecdote 2. Request

Michael Herman mherman at globalchicago.net
Tue Feb 4 20:51:15 PST 2003

my god, chris! ...it's just amazing that osonos9 worked at all, what with
you not studied up on all the finer points of the user's guide... good
thing you had laurel around to keep you on track!

will add that i scheduled my first two open space events before i'd ever
even seen it done and facilitated them before i saw any training.  they
both worked fine, of course.  i did the selling of one of those first two
events with the help of a local nun by the name of joan murray who i found
through harrison's website.  she helped me counter the sponsor's concerns
that "we're not sure catholics can do this... catholics like structure."
that's still one of my favorites!

i think the most important part of the training is the getting connected to
the wealth of resources that are out there now for support and learning.
going back to the previous incarnation of ost on metanet, ost has always
been a community conversation for me.  i try to welcome new people into
that conversation at various levels and try to give them enough of the
jargon so that they can jump in as full participants.  i suppose the other
important bit is getting in touch with some of those inner resources (head,
heart, experience, peace) that many might not realize are so valuable in an
open space life.

this is just a great place to be.  thanks to all.

Michael Herman
Michael Herman Associates
300 West North Avenue #1105
Chicago IL 60610 USA