1. Anecdote 2. Request

Chris Corrigan chris at chriscorrigan.com
Tue Feb 4 20:09:54 PST 2003

Lisa:

I always prod people to read the User's Guide too, beforehand, but if
they cannot get a copy of the book (because they live on a reserve in
the Yukon and even Amazon can't find them), I direct them to Harrison's
site where an old version exists.  I know that's basically all I had for
years before I ever took any training from anyone.  It was great for
getting me started in Open Space and generated enough questions and
curiosities that I started posting to this list.  I don't think many of
us acknowledge quite how valuable THIS little community is.  When I was
getting started, my learning about OST accelerated many times through
questions and answers on and off list and in phone conversations with
people like Larry Peterson who were incredibly generous with their time
in helping me to discover for myself what it was that OST was all about.
I finally bought the current version of the User's Guide long after I
had done some more formal learning with Harrison and Birgitt, and about
seven months before I hosted OSonOS.  What a great little book, thought
I.

I stand by the "good head, good heart" theory of OST learning and
practice, because that has been my story.  And the delightful part is
that I have discovered over the years just how much living there is to
do in refining that "good head and good heart" to be able to both
practice OST, and live it.

So I prod people to get the book and then get to work opening space and
if they have any questions, to call me, or post to the list, or phone
Harrison in the middle of the night and get him before he knows what
he's saying.  As soon as Harrison groggily asks "Who are you?" the
learning begins!

Chris

---
CHRIS CORRIGAN
Consultation - Facilitation
Open Space Technology

Bowen Island, BC, Canada
http://www.chriscorrigan.com
chris at chriscorrigan.com

Seamus
>  McInerney
>  Sent: Tuesday, February 04, 2003 4:12 AM
>  To: OSLIST at LISTSERV.BOISESTATE.EDU
>  Subject: Re: 1. Anecdote 2. Request
>
>  Hi Lisa,
>  I love your clusters list and would live to see your notes.
>
>  Shay
>

>  >OSLIST <OSLIST at LISTSERV.BOISESTATE.EDU> wrote:
>
>  >
>  > Hi, Ralph --
>  >
>  > You asked:
>  > > If you were to conduct an OS training program for 5-10 people,
how
>  > would you
>  > set it up, and how much time would you think is required?<
>  >
>  > When I designed my current OST learning workshop (which is what I
call
>  > training) I analyzed what are the components for knowing how to do
OST,