OS and balanced scorecards?

Michael Herman mherman at globalchicago.net
Wed Dec 17 09:43:06 PST 2003

hello thomas,

two bits that might be of interest here...

first, it sounds like you are doing something akin to what
chris corrigan, penny scott, some others and i did on bowen
island last year (while we were busy missing osonos there).
it's a story i've posted as "somatic organization."  it's
just notes, but may be helpful in your situation. it helped
us connect community dialogues with power/action and
academic/vision structures.
http://www.globalchicago.net/wiki/wiki.cgi?SomaticOrganization

second, seeing this bit about quadrants and bsc, customer,
process, measures, etc... those interested in such quadrants
might be interested in previous quadrants work, connecting
fastcompany, ost, ken wilber, angeles arrien, and some
others.
http://www.globalchicago.net/wiki/wiki.cgi?InvitingOrganizationEmerges

best of luck, m

Thomas Herrmann wrote:
> Dear friends in Open Space
> Together with some collegues I am writing a proposal for a municipality
> where they want to open up "space" and create conditions for dialogue,
> participation and so on, throughout the place. One thing is that they are
> into balanced scorecards, which may be of some use. But as I understand it,
> it is a lot of work of what will happen anyway when opening up space for
> conversations of things that matter.
> Does anyone have examples of the use of OST or other participative processes
> in the process of working with balanced scorecards?
> I´d appreciate your comments!
> Warmest regards
> Thomas Herrmann         Phone +46 (0)709-98 97 81
> Open Space Consulting   Fax   +46 (0)300-713 89
> Pensévägen 4
> 434 46 Kungsbacka, Sweden
> Email: thomas at openspaceconsulting.com
> www.openspaceconsulting.com
> Vill du skapa en välmående och effektiv organisation
> och ta tillvara hela dess potential?
>
> Open Space Consulting erbjuder dig:
> * Lärtillfällen kring hälsa och balans i organisationer
> * Analyser av organisatorisk hälsa och balans
> * Handledning av effektiva och kreativa möten och konferenser
> * Utbildning av mötes- och processhandledare
> * Coaching för organisationer i förändring
> Vårt antivirusskydd scannar alla utgående mail. Infekterade mail stoppas
> automatiskt.

> Visit:

Michael Herman
Michael Herman Associates