AW: my family (mother list)

Esther . EwingChange at aol.com
Tue Dec 9 14:48:33 PST 2003

In a message dated 12/9/2003 5:00:13 PM Eastern Standard Time,
c.pfaehler at bluewin.ch writes:

> one reason why open space can be difficult for some, in my own experience,
> is that its participants are assumed to be healthy, mature human beings (I
> assume). Who e.g. have a clear sense of borders, know what is good for them and
> what is not, and are able to say “stop” or make use of the law of the two
> feet when they need to do so. Those of us who have had their borders (is this
> the right term in English? In German, it stands for “Grenzen”) disrespected
> as children or later in life, perhaps even without knowing about it, might
> find open space terribly unsafe, perhaps even in some way threatening to them –
> even if it also bears great and wonderful chances for healing, when one is
> ready for it.

Catherine:

I understand whwat you mean completely. I think the English word is
"boundaries" which is more correct but has the same meaning as "borders". (Aren't
languages interesting?)

I also understand what you are saying... boundaries are an important part of
learning.

Thanks for these thoughts
Esther

Esther Ewing
The Change Alliance - Assisting Individuals and Organizations to Build
Capability
<A HREF="www.ChangeAlliance.com">www.ChangeAlliance.com</A>
330 East 38th St, Suite 53K
New York, NY 10016-9804
212-661-6024

Authorized Distributor, Panoramic Feedback
<A HREF="www.PanoramicFeedback.com">www.panoramicfeedback.com</A>