Open Space on television?

Joelle Lyons Everett JLEShelton at aol.com
Wed Apr 9 10:02:46 PDT 2003

Laurel--

I really don't know what the person who proposed the idea has in mind, and I
don't think that she has proposed the idea yet to TV people or sponsors, or
even thought through the details of how it might work.  She is at the point
of "Open Space provides a way for people with conflicting views to talk
together, let's have one around some tough political issues, and let's do it
on television."

I've invited her to an OS I'm facilitating next month, so she will have a
chance to think about how the live event might translate to television.

I have done group sessions in the past which were videotaped for internal
use, and I have had the same experience, that the cameras soon become
invisible.  I wonder whether the experience is different if people know their
words are being broadcast.

Thanks,

Joelle