Conference on healthy organizations, paradox R us...

Glory Ressler on.the.edge at sympatico.ca
Wed Sep 11 20:08:37 PDT 2002

Hold on, all you potential gear givers!
I took another look and saw OS on the second day's agenda! A more
detailed description can be found in the pdf associated file (download
able from the site). It's planned from 10:30 - 3:30, followed by an
action planning exercise. I do find it interesting that they didn't
think to use OS in their main promotion pieces... I wonder why?

In all seriousness, I attended a workshop that Glenda Eoyang gave on
complexity science and orgs - I found her presentation very
straightforward, practical, and informative. Although I can remember
exactly how, I have the distinct impression that I gained valuable
insight and ideas.

I just have to love these Plexus Institute Conference people - I noticed
that they are also offering an incredibly alluring conference on how to
use complexity science and storytelling in order to become a better
leader. I am salivating... worshipping at the (false?) idol of
 professional development and networking perhaps.... :-)

Much warmth to you all,
glory

Meg Salter wrote:

>Probably not !! - altho' I'm interested in seeing that such conferences are
>being held.
>I know of Glenda Eoyang, one of their faculty. She has a book out,
>"Facilitating Organizational Change: Lessons from Complexity Science"...

Chris Corrigan wrote>

>That was my thought too...which made me wonder which one of us is going
>to go and give the Plexus Institute the gears.  How about you Winston?
>Others?

Winston Kinch wrote>

>>>I have perused the agenda and what; no Open Space?
>>> wk

Chris Corrigan wrote>