Democracy and Open Space (in work) - long, sorry

Elena A. Marchuk marco at mail.nsk.ru
Thu Sep 5 07:01:55 PDT 2002

Yes, I think it is the only way to think about it. As we need to go with what we have and that was just the 'practice' for them as they could not imagine that if started, it comes to a real work. but too little time for such a big topic.

thank you for your talking

I hope we shall come to a real Forum, and more time as we plan 1,5 hours plannary session, then the whole day of work, but for approx. 300 people (need to find a facility yet), and then the next day - if not convergence, that more detailization of some projects, they are speeking about uniting of some, but I'm not sure, that people will be happy with that. yes, some topics are 'close' but they have authors, and when united, ... nobody

so let's see, if we can proceed.

The openning process was shown on TV, education channel, but when windows - you can't see anything, so I don't know whethe it is good or not. The work in groups was OK, but our movements around - was auwful (we made it in turn with Marina - it is fun) hope, that it is not spoiling the energy.

in a week will be the closing session shown, and I hope it will be much better, as it will be 'darker'

best wishes

elena

P.S.I love the method!

We could not start it properly, as one of the new born organization brought champaign, and we could not stop the new president inviting people to have some 'tea' at the beginning and they were shoing us our flip chart with "Be prepared to be surprised!"

and then we couldn't stop people working as our time was finishing and we need to make a closing session...
that is very Russian.