Democracy and Open Space (in work) - long, sorry

Ethelyn & Harrison Owen owenhh at mindspring.com
Thu Sep 5 04:25:32 PDT 2002

At 10:40 AM 9/5/2002 +0700, Elena Marchuk wrote:
>So yesterday we gathered 40 organizations, and the topic the organizers come
>with was: "Interaction of NPOs and local governments in building Civil
>Society"
>
>How do you think such a topic - a very general one - could be 'discussed' in
>the OST.
>Though I tryed while oppening to ask the question like: So, now we need to
>find out why do we need to interact and what is Civil Society then...

I find that if you convert the statement to a questions, it all works
better. So -- What are the issues and opportunities...???

The fact that folks came up with a lot of stuff that seemed very general is
no problem, and actually I thought some of it was very particular. They
would go as deeply as they could. And should you find that there are some
issues which are no where near "action" I would think about another Open
Space but just on that issue. If they cared they will come.

Harrison

Harrison Owen
7808 River Falls Drive
Potomac, MD 20854 USA