OST meeting for the International Alliance for Mentoring coming up in a few days--pre conference stories wanted please

Birgitt Williams birgitt at mindspring.com
Wed Sep 25 19:38:21 PDT 2002

Dear friends and colleagues in the Open Space community of this list,

Facilitated by Judi Richardson, using Open Space Technology, the
International Alliance for Mentoring (IAM) conference this year will be
taking place here in Raleigh, North Carolina, USA on Sept 28/29. There will
be about 25 people for this second annual conference, with participants from
seven countries -Israel, Siberia, New Zealand, Germany, England, Canada,
USA, and Sweden . We anticipate exciting discussions. We hope that you will
take a few minutes, if you care to, to write a story to us about mentoring
to include in our proceedings for the conference. These stories are needed
by the conference start on Sept 28th and will be posted at the conference as
stories that might stimulate further discussions. We are looking for stories
of mentoring by an individual or by an organization. Some of us who work
holistically as "consultants" to  organizations are very excited about
shifting the concept of "consultant" to the concept of "mentor". And some of
us are very excited by the concept of organizations mentoring each other so
that they all benefit from a mentoring (verb) relationship. Some
pre-conference discussions have already taken place by those of us who
couldn't wait and are already gathered here. One that stirred my passion,
initiated by Terry Gibson from England, was one of creating possibilities of
one conscious Open Space Organization in a mentoring relationship with
another for mutual support and learning.

Information about the International Alliance for Mentoring is at
http://www.openspacetechnology.com/iam.html including an invitation for
people to participate by sending their stories of mentoring to us. We are
intending to compile these and develop a book when we have enough of them.

At http://www.openspacetechnology.com/iam_story.html I have recorded the
story of the International Alliance for Mentoring as a story of an
intentional conscious Open Space Organization, just forming and with the
most minimal number of givens. This is an ongoing experiment to determine
how little structure we can have in place and yet support the passion to
have this organization grow and thrive.

One global project of the IAM is the Harmony Project. Information about this
can be found at http://www.openspacetechnology.com/harmony.html and go to
the Harmony Project in the menu. Within this project we work with the Open
Space of the universe, accessing the magic of an Open Space Technology
meeting and moving beyond the Open Space Technology meeting. The theme is
"holding space for opportunities for harmony in the world".

We invite you to join us in this exciting work that is intended to shift
consciousness on this planet, in our desire to work towards more life
nurturing options for the future. One chapter of the book will be devoted to
"for our children..." as we look to the future to be of influence to create
the world that we want for our children.
Blessings to you and to all with whom you make Genuine Contact,

Birgitt

Birgitt  Williams of Dalar International Consultancy
http://www.dalarinternational.com

Mentoring for Organizational Effectiveness

view the calendar for upcoming training at
http://www.openspacetechnology.com/training.html

We invite you to join the list serve at
http://www.smartgroups.com/groups/genuinecontact

Contact information for Dalar International Consultancy

Mailing address: Po Box 19373, Raleigh, North Carolina, USA 27619 or for
courier 12136 Shooting Club Rd., Raleigh, North Carolina USA 27613

Phone: 919-522-7750     Fax: 919-870-6599

"I believe that Spirit matters and people are precious. I know that
organizations incorporating these values have exciting, tangible results
including wealth, prosperity, and abundance. Daily, these organizations
attend to their health and balance. Participating in the Genuine Contact
program takes you on a learning journey of HOW to achieve the healthy and
balanced organization (the conscious Open Space Organization).”  Birgitt
Williams, Dalar International Consultancy