old folk songs

Michael M Pannwitz mmpanne at snafu.de
Sun Sep 1 09:03:19 PDT 2002

Dear  Mikk Savr,
Elena A. Marchuk sent the invitation to the conference in Lovozero
with your letter of invitation.
I was intrigued by your mentioning
"...as it's philosophy is very close to what I have learned from our
own old folk songs".
Which songs do you refer to? Are they available in English or German
(those are the only two languages I am able to handle). I am
continually searching for the roots of Harrisons "principles" since I
am convinced that they have been part of all cultures for
centuries...and perhaps are better expressed by our ancestors than by
us.
Good luck with your conference!
>From what I hear about open space with first nation people in Canada
and Alaska it is very natural to them; I once worked with older men
in Nairobi, Kenya, and one of them pointed out that open space is
practiced in his village under the name of baraza, which stands for
"shade under the tree".
Greetings from Berlin and when you are here, please drop in!
michael

PS: Last June I trained some 35 polish and lithuanian colleagues in
open space in Suwalki, close to the border of Lithuania....a number
of them were into forestry and conservation work.

Michael M Pannwitz
boscop
Draisweg 1
12209 Berlin, Germany
FON +49 - 30-772 8000     FAX +49 - 30-773 92 464
www.michaelmpannwitz.de

An der E-Gruppe "openspacedeutsch" für deutschsprechende open space-PraktikerInnen interessiert? Enfach eine mail an mich.