The magic that happens...

Ethelyn & Harrison Owen owenhh at mindspring.com
Sun Sep 1 05:55:25 PDT 2002

At 01:24 PM 8/31/2002 -0400, Doug. Germann wrote:
>  << I think that laughter has a lot to do with it. As much as I see the value
>  << of the Listening Stick and the empowerment of the Open Space Technology
>  << environment - I think they are both most valuable when they are
>  << accompanied by lots of laughter. I guess because laughter heals.

I am not sure that laughter is the causative factor, but I know for a fact
that laughter in an OS is a sure and certain indication that the pot is
really cooking. It is something I look (listen) for as an indication of how
well the folks are doing, and when Laughter breaks out that is a very good
sign. Joelle noted High Play, which along with High Learning,  appropriate
Structure and Controls, and Genuine Community, are the marks of every Open
Space I have ever been a part of. So I am not so sure that laughter does
the job -- but rather it is a good symptom that healing is taking place.

Harrison

>Harrison Owen

7808 River Falls Drive
Potomac, MD 20854 USA