SV: Improving working conditions/health amongst the staff of a large hospital

Thomas Herrmann thomas at openspaceconsulting.com
Mon Sep 2 04:18:28 PDT 2002

Hi Eva.
It is so good to meet you here too! Welcome to this wonderful community, and
thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Regarding the task at hand, we have been talking about a really large
OS-meeting or multiple smaller ones, for a start. One thing is that all 15
000 will probably not be able to come!

Hopefully there will be an interest to go further within the different units
after initiating the process. These issues have to be worked with, at every
unit, of course. The first event(or series) could have the purpose to define
and make the conditions clear for the local work. (more or less define the
question at hand and work out the givens:)

The video idea was that this/these first events could be recorded to get the
message across the whole organization. It would also be a possibility to
show how this marvellous work was done, to bring excitement for the "local"
work. It could be distributed via CD. Video is an increadible media to
spread a message but of course word-of-mouth is probably as good. If a
collegue tells you that she has been part of something really exciting...
Well inviting 300 people from all across all units and levels could probably
spread the idea as good as anything.

Then next step, for those managers who choose to, could be to do local OST´s
to work out working conditions/health on that very unit.
What do you think about that?
Best regards
Thomas