convergence (again)

Joelle Lyons Everett JLEShelton at aol.com
Fri Oct 11 22:16:52 PDT 2002

In a message dated 10/11/02 7:14:06 PM, jsmith at mosquitonet.com writes:

<< And still can't quite see what you mean, Glory, with your first
suggestion.  Do you mean to tape the session notes to the flip chart
notes they may have made concurrently during the session?  I assumed
Chris didn't intend anything to be re-recorded..... though I can imagine
some groups might want to pull their ideas into a more coherent form for
purposes of presentation to the larger group....

Julie--

I can't speak for what Glory intended.  But you can give people a simple
form--on 8.5x11 paper or flipchart paper--that outlines the report:  Topic,
Convenor, Participants,  Recommendations, or what you like.  Gives people an
idea of the level of detail to present to the group, and establishes a
somewhat-consistent format.  At a recent Open Space we facilitated, there was
a lot of energy and responsibility around convenors getting their reports
finished within the meeting.  Some large and lively discussions had 8 or 9
pages of flipchart notes, so we were glad we had provided a briefer format
for the reports!  And the detailed notes went back to the office with the
convenors, for future use.

Joelle