convergence (again)

Julie Smith jsmith at mosquitonet.com
Fri Oct 11 19:11:52 PDT 2002

Such good advice, all, thank you, thank you..... I see it now,
mostly.....

Glory, yes, I had already thought, hmmmmmmm...... perhaps I'll cut
strips of five (great minds?)....... and wonder, Chris, what your
experience is with inviting self-defined (and differently-defined)
abundance...... I hadn't considered it before..... curious about what
that means to you and what you've seen happen.....

And still can't quite see what you mean, Glory, with your first
suggestion.  Do you mean to tape the session notes to the flip chart
notes they may have made concurrently during the session?  I assumed
Chris didn't intend anything to be re-recorded..... though I can imagine
some groups might want to pull their ideas into a more coherent form for
purposes of presentation to the larger group....

Peggy, thanks for the reminder to reframe the question into positive
language (why didn't I see that before???).

Lisa, yes, such good clarity about WHAT we're doing, and WHY, and how to
improve the quality of both..... and speaking whatever that becomes
clearly to the group as we begin our time together.

And to return the gift of sharing with all of you, I offer this
quotation that came to me as I sat quietly reading and waiting for my
children to emerge from their school this afternoon.

"What is life but a form of motion and a journey through a foreign
world?  Moreover locomotion -- the privilege of animals -- is perhaps
the key to intelligence.  The roots of vegetables (which Aristotle says
are their mouths) attach them fatally to the ground, and they are
condemned like leeches to suck up whatever sustenance may flow to them
at the particular spot where they happen to be stuck.... In animals the
power of locomotion changes all this pale experience into a life of
passion; and it is on passion, although we anaemic philosophers are apt
to forget it, that intelligence is grafted."

George Santayana
"The Philosophy of Travel"
(As quoted in Servants of the Map by Andrea Barrett)

Julie

Glory