Making gratitude explicit

Alan Stewart alan.stewart at senet.com.au
Sun Nov 17 15:18:40 PST 2002

G'day All

In an 'internal' OSonOS OZ gathering in Melbourne some years ago one of our international visitors, Arun Wakhlu,
invited participants to take a moment to acknowledge and express gratitude to all those - family members, colleagues,
fellow Open Spacers, among others - who had made it possible for them to attend the meeting.

A nice reminder of this came from another person from India. Malay Biswas expressed a similar semtiment during
the closing circle at last week's wondrous 10th International OSonOS in OZ at Marysville near Melbourne.

I wonder if you believe that such a practice is inherent in OST and that we would do well to make it explicit, as we
do the principles?

Another musing ... which has been germinating over the past couple of weeks, sparked
initially by the results of the mid term elections in the US and then inspired by the spirit
of the gathering in Marysville. (Reading it aloud may bring more sense).

                                        I wonder if you see
                                        that it's up to you and me
                                        and all the other we
                                        who see
                                        humanity
                                        differently
                                        to be as free
                                        as she or he
                                        can be
                                        ferociously
                                        passionately
                                        responsibly .....
                                        and take the next step!

I deeply appreciate the efforts of Brian Bainbridge and the crew who did precisely what was required to create the
conditions for wholesome connecting among all participants, including virtual.
http://www.openspaceworld.org/osonos10/wiki/wiki.cgi

With love

Alan
Adelaide