OST as a conference track

Judi Richardson Richarjl at akerley.nscc.ns.ca
Tue May 7 09:11:22 PDT 2002

Hello Peggy — and all!

I have been asked to facilitate a national conference in June.
Originally a few on the organizing committee heard of OST and were
excited.  Then a few of the twists you mentioned starting emerging —
including the closing circle for the whole event (and not the OST for
the whole event).  The words came out as, "well lets do an OST type
thingie at the end".  After facilitating discussion, it was decided to
leave the OST out, unless the whole thing was OST.

I am interested to follow this thread to see where it might have
worked.  It seems to me a sideline OST event would work — yet I'm not
so sure of using the closing circle for the whole event.  And yet at
many OST events that I have facilitated participants have chosen to
attend maybe one or two topics, or none, and have turned up for the
closing circle.  I wonder how that is different?

Thanks