OST as a conference track

Chris Corrigan chris at chriscorrigan.com
Mon May 6 11:18:09 PDT 2002

I'm set to do this at a conference in August of the International
Federation of Organic Agriculture Movements' 14th Annual Organic World
Congress.  We are going to do one day in Open Space on, I think, new
marketing ideas for organic products or something.

I don't anticiapte any problems at all.  The sponsor is aware of tim e
requirements and space needs and has built it in.  The only issue with
doing this as a conference track would seem to me to be time, as most
conferences only have a few hours of track sessions.  However, given
enough time, I don't see any reason why space can't be cleaved open in
these settings.  I'm also thinking that perhaps there is what we call in
the homeschooling world, a "learning moment" embedded in doing an OST in
the middle of a traditional conference.

Chris

--

CHRIS CORRIGAN