\Holding space

Meg Salter meg.salter at sympatico.ca
Wed May 1 08:21:05 PDT 2002

Great conversation!

My experience is that holding space can be tiring, and has become less so
over time/ with practice. Interestingly, the quality of the fatigue is
different than what I experience with more traditional methods (which I'm
doing less and less!) Just like there can be "good pain/ bad pain"
(signalling basically healthy events or threatening events in the body), so
with OS the fatigue feels basically "better" and less totally draining than
other kinds of fatigue. More like I've just had a really good psychic/ soul
workout! And as for resistance in letting go, well, that's normal at first
too! Any mothers out there will know that letting go/ letting open in
birthing a baby can be very hard work! At some point, we will have so "let
go" that we hold space all the time - it is just how we live our lives....
breathing in, breathing out......
:):)
Meg Salter

MegaSpace Consulting