\Holding space

WB-TrainConsult wb-trainconsult at gmx.net
Thu May 2 01:19:44 PDT 2002

On Tue, 30 Apr 2002 09:58:26 -0700, Chris Corrigan wrote:
"That is, I was conscious of letting go of many attachments,
"especially those that were about outcome, and things like my sponsor
"showing up, the food being cooked for dozens who weren't there and
"so on.

Dear Chris, Audrey and all,

Thank you for what you (Chris) again wrote about the open space
without participants showing up. Your reflections are valuable for
me, because they touch something I had not clear for myself.

What you wrote about holding the space there, speaks to me to be an
altered modus of mind (independently of people being present in
physical space), relates two aspects I did not interconnect so
directly, i.e. 'meditation' and  'Open and hold Space'

LET GO & PERCEIVE WHAT IS

Written as a formula for the special case:
Opening and holding the space for no one, everyone =
the basic form of individual meditation

For me this combines well with the idea of opening the space as a
ritual altering the "everyday-trance" of us all.

Or is that too 'simple'?

You also wrote: "I recall that it was no less difficult or tiring to
hold space for no one (everyone) than it was for a group of people.
To me this points to the fact that space holding is about something
other than people.  Why was I so tired?"

If I relate this insight and the question to my experience, it seems
to be very simple: "Letting Go" and "Opening for what is" is hard
mental work. Still after doing it there ist flux<->reflux of more and
more energy, having to do with more 'integrity' of my own process in
opening, holding, being my space.

Bernhard

-----
wb-trainconsult at gmx.net 02.05.2002 at 09:44:32 (GMT/UT + 02:00)