\Holding space

Toni Petrinovich sacred at anacortes.net
Wed May 1 00:51:21 PDT 2002

"releasing control and the desire to be important"  The words nearly jump
off the screen at me - another conference (not OS), when I felt that there
was a different way we could be doing things; other facilitators did not
agree; I held the space; I waited; finally, I gave the issue to the
participants - to the whole - they made the decision - we changed the way we
did a few things - it was magic, easy - no control; no importance in my
putting it out there, letting them know we were not sure what to do because
there was not consensus among the facilitators - I loved it - and so did
everyone else.  In that, everyone was important, and they knew it - everyone
felt it - equally.

Toni