Peaceful themes....

Harrison Owen owenhh at mindspring.com
Wed Mar 20 15:25:37 PST 2002

At 01:49 PM 3/20/2002 -0900, Julie wrote:
>That helps me understand the place of naps in OS.  :)  I must admit, I
>haven t really understood that part of how you practice OS.   Using
>Goldsmith s way of explaining things, you enter the meditative state, hold
>the higher consciousness with the group until you feel the sense of
>release, and then the healing is done.  At that point, your work is
>completed, and the group will carry on as it needs to.  Since your work is
>done, you internally move to whatever is calling you.  If what calls to
>you is a nap, then that s probably just what is needed.   The point is, to
>stay with the now.  In the moment that calls for higher consciousness, do
>that.  In the moment that calls for a nap, do that.  Preconceived notions
>of what we should be doing just get in the way.
>
>Does all that fit?  The piece I haven t heard you or others talk about is
>that sense of release.  Does OS have moments like that?  If so, is it
>after that sense of release that you find yourself shifting to other needs
>and concerns?

You make it all sound so grand -- truth of the matter is that I just nap
when I'm tired. Feeeeels so good. But as I think about it -- I guess I feel
tired when there is a break -- which usually means that the folks are off
and running. It is not so much that my work is done, but at least it is
done for the moment. And I have to be prepared for the next moment when my
presence (in whatever sense of that word) seems required. As for "release"
-- there are certainly times when it is very clear (to me) that everything
is working just according to the plan -- whatever that was -- and I do feel
free, completely myself, and just wonderful. Of course others may think
that the Chaos Dragon has just been let loose. Which is also true.

ho

>Harrison Owen

7808 River Falls Drive
Potomac, MD 20854 USA