the International Alliance for Mentoring conference now includes the addition of an OpenSpace-Online® meeting

Birgitt Williams birgitt at mindspring.com
Wed Jun 26 16:07:09 PDT 2002

Dear colleagues and friends,
below my signature is an updated invitation to the International Alliance
for Mentoring conference to be held in Raleigh, North Carolina Sept 28-29.
Cost is minimal and learning and networking are anticipated to be terrific.
The meeting methodology is Open Space Technology and the facilitatior is
Judi Richardson. On Sept 27, we are offering an on-line Open Space
conference for those that cannot attend in person. We hope that you will
feel inspired to join us. And we are grateful for any help that you are
willing to give to get word about this conference to your colleagues.
Blessings to you and to all with whom you make Genuine Contact,

Birgitt

Birgitt  Williams of Dalar International Consultancy
http://www.dalarinternational.com

Mentoring for Organizational Effectiveness

view the calendar for upcoming training at
http://www.openspacetechnology.com/training.html

You are invited!

Second annual conference for the INTERNATIONAL ALLIANCE FOR MENTORING

September 28th and 29th, 2002, 9:00 to 5:00

Raleigh, North Carolina, USA

AND/OR

September 27th, 2002 for an on-line conference for those who cannot attend
in person

Please join us for the second annual conference of the International
Alliance for Mentoring. The conference will provide you with:

1.        the opportunity to participate in a compelling theme, within which
the participants develop the agenda that best suits their needs and
intentions for learning and personal and professional development

2.         the opportunity to make a difference for the future of humanity

3.         the opportunity to experience an Open Space Technology meeting
(for information about what an Open Space Technology meeting is go to
http://www.openspacetechnology.com/tr_ost.html)  , and

4.        the opportunity to experience the development of an intentional
conscious Open Space Organization (for information about the conscious Open
Space organization go to
http://www.openspacetechnology.com/articles_2.html )

Through participating, you have the opportunity of intentionally creating a
new reality for organizations and communities. We believe that reality can
be shifted if the will is there to do so. Our vision is to influence the
future of humanity to become life nurturing for all beings involved,
achieving health and balance for individuals, organizations, and all of
humanity. Our vision is to achieve this through mentoring leaders and
potential leaders of all ages, and through mentoring organizations.

The International Alliance for Mentoring (IAM) is a network of individuals
and organizations that has no governing body and is based on working from
passion with responsibility by each person or organization that is involved.
The International Alliance for Mentoring is an interconnected learning
organization, a conscious Open Space Organization.  An Open Space
Organization has minimal structure through a set of “givens”, that are just
enough to provide appropriate structure for creativity, productivity,
wonder, imagination and results.

1.        The purpose of IAM is to influence the future of humanity in
becoming a harmonious place by linking or interconnecting individuals and
organizations who seek higher consciousness, higher awareness, highest good,
highest learning and highest joy through mentoring. Within IAM, mentoring is
defined as encouraging service in the world based on truth and facilitating
compassion, tolerance, self-love, mutual respect and joy.

2.        IAM is a network of individuals and organizations and, as such,
has no governing body. There are no membership dues. Any costs and expenses
incurred are incurred by the organization or individual who is interested in
moving a topic forward. This includes hosting of the annual conference, the
website and the list serve.

Join us, as we create a reality, through the International Alliance for
Mentoring that is more harmonious and in health and balance for all of
creation.  We believe it can be done through intentional collaboration and
networking to do so through this Open Space Organization with its simple
structure and lots of space for finding mentoring opportunities.

The meeting will be facilitated using Open Space Technology (OST) (see
www.openspacetechnology.com ).  OST is a process that supports learning and
deep understanding within groups of people. The International Alliance for
Mentoring is developing itself as a conscious Open Space Organization.

Facilitator:  Judi Richardson www.ponoconsultants.com

Hosts:

Birgitt Birgitt at mindspring.com  and Ward Williams, North Carolina, USA
www.genuinecontact.com

Judi Richardson judith at ponoconsultants.com  Nova Scotia, Canada
www.ponoconsultants.com

Eiwor Backelund, eiwor.backelund at centerpartiet.se Sweden

For those who cannot join us in person, please consider participating in an
on-line Open Space Technology meeting using OpenSpace-Online® software
(www.OpenSpace-Online.com) . This meeting will take place a day prior to the
face to face conference, on September 27th from 1pm to 3pm EST. Reports from
the on-line conference will be available for participants at the face to
face conference. Reports from both the on-line conference and the face to
face conference will be available at www.genuinecontact.com in the IAM
section.

Registration:

September 28-29 Conference

Cost $100 (U.S.) per person, which includes lunches and materials.  Please
make cheques payable to Birgitt Williams, and mail with your contact
information to Pono Consultants International, 278 Waverley Road, Dartmouth,
N.S. Canada, B2X 2C6.

This event will be take place at 6209 Blair Cee Lane, Raleigh (off of
Creedmore Rd/HWY 50), North Carolina

September 27 on-line Conference

Cost $35 (U.S.) per person. .  Please make cheques payable to Birgitt
Williams, and mail with your contact information to Pono Consultants
International, 278 Waverley Road, Dartmouth, N.S. Canada, B2X 2C6.

You will receive an e-mail confirmation of your registration and
instructions for attending.

We hope that you will feel inspired to make the choice to join us in the
International Alliance for Mentoring.  Together we can make a difference.