Tibetan bells on airplanes?

Joelle Lyons Everett JLEShelton at aol.com
Wed Jun 26 21:11:22 PDT 2002

Jeff--

The metal-detectors are set to be more sensitive than they used to be, so you
will probably set off the buzzer if you don't put them on the tray before you
walk through.  It is hard for me to imagine how they could be used as an
effective weapon, but who knows?

Mine did work their magic today, bringing the room to stillness without a
word being said.

I have a steel plate and seven screws in my ankle these days, and my strategy
is to be proactive--I announce up front that I have all this metal and will
set off the alarm.
Just don't be anxious about them--Ressam was arrested because he seemed
nervous, and the officer had an intuition to search the trunk of his car.

As you say, only on this Listserve. . .

Joelle