A Report from the Field - Another One - Short!

Fr Brian S Bainbridge briansb at mira.net
Fri Jun 14 02:09:15 PDT 2002

Dear Harrison and Judy
I liked the list of topics you shared with us, Judy.  Very interesting.
For the record - and from a pragmatic way of helping space and Peace to
grow - I opened space for one day for about 150 parishioners at a
neighbouring Melbourne parish last Monday, which was a public holiday -
Queen's Birthday.
They generated some 116 wall topics and just 50 workshop sessions.
The highest scoring included:
Building stronger parish//parish elementary school links
The Church needs young people ; Young people need the Church ; making
the two meet.
Welcoming to the parish and schools new parishioners and new families.
Spiritual care & visitation to sick and elderly confined to their homes.

Care for the people who feel isolated.
Building parish community.
To know we are Christians by our love - to each other within our
community by our example.
Community - merging all groups - of all ages, all types of families -
individual/solo/divorced, etc.
Keeping the young in and bringing them back to the Church.

And the spirit growing in the group was something marvellous, too.  As
always.
Just some of the more important Action Outcome summaries generated - to
help keep peace and grow peace in this part of our world, too.
Cheers and blessings,   BRIAN.