report from "How can I practice peace?" in Chicago

Ted Ernst ted at chicagohumanist.org
Mon Jul 1 17:27:15 PDT 2002

Dave,
Good to see your name and read your words.  I'm quite sure you're correct that the commitment of people putting up the cash (or asking for the scholarship?) does increase turnout.  My problem is that I hate money.  I hate thinking about it or collecting it or handling it or keeping track of it.  In this case I also didn't want to have to plan for food.  Perhaps that's laziness on my part or simply not reaching out to someone who likes to do the food piece (or the money piece even).  Any musings about the kind of person that shows up to a free event, given how easy it is to blow off?
peace,
ted
___
Humanize the Earth!  http://www.chicagohumanist.org