report from "How can I practice peace?" in Chicago

David Koehler Nsdmk at aol.com
Tue Jul 2 12:14:53 PDT 2002

Ted,

I'm not saying that there is only one way to do this.  Your approach is fine.
 In fact, by not charging or asking for any upfront commitment, you are truly
getting the passionate person in attendance.  As for money and food, what can
I say.  I'm sure there is a 12 step program for this.

Seriously though, in the future, why not try to find someone who would be
honored to be asked if they would like to help.  At a neighborhood OS some
years ago, a woman was thrilled to be asked to help provide the food.  She
felt she was making a contribution to the effort in this way.

I like the spirit in which you do things, Ted.  It really shows. Keep up the
good work.

Dave Koehler