self organizing systems and world peace

Harrison Owen owenhh at mindspring.com
Mon Jan 28 21:50:33 PST 2002

Birgitt wrote:
"if Open Space is a self organizing system, why don't we have world peace? "
"if Open Space is a self organizing system, why are so many of us on the
list working as consultants who facilitate Open Space Technology meetings
and thereby interfere in a self organizing system?"

Interesting question -- I think the answer may be that self-0rganizing systems appear in the dance between chaos and order on the way to peace. It is a journey. We are not there yet.  And I suspect that when we get there the journey will be over. In the meantime we can open a little space to assist the journey. At least that is what makes sense to me here in Israel where there seems to be very little peace.

Harrison