Self-Organization is What Consciousness (Spirit) Does

Naomi Kahane ns_kaha at alcor.concordia.ca
Sun Jan 6 17:54:30 PST 2002

John wrote to Julie:
>i appreciate what you have shared here. seems it is wise to recognize that
>the typical use of the word conflict encompasses anything from disputes
>between co-workers to people wanting to kill others.
>
>given this, we must be open to approaches that vary.

thank you again for your insights. the use of open space in extreme
>conflicts (where one hates to the point of being willing to kill), and in
>healing people who are very, very broken are areas that i wish to learn more
>about.

I, too, wonder about how to open a space for dialogue between antagonists
in an extreme conflict, such as supporters of the Palestinian cause vs.
supporters of the Israeli cause. Right now, these groups stand on either
side of a fence yelling at each other, which has nothing to do with
anything constructive.

Anyone out there with experience or conjectures.

Thanks for all the generosity I see on the list.

Naomi

Naomi Kahane,
Collaboration +
5261 Waverly Street,