Self-Organization is What Consciousness (Spirit) Does

Lisa Heft lisaheft at pacbell.net
Thu Jan 3 18:49:47 PST 2002

You wrote:
I suspect it is not the external structure that creates the experience,
but more the intention, the energy and the quality of engagement.  I
think that what we have found is that as we clarify and expand our
goals and realize that the possibilities are way beyond what we have
come to expect, that process and structure arises to begin to
manifest those possibilities.  When we reach for transformation it
becomes a possibility.  As we seek self-organization, tools for
supporting this arise. When we envision change at a "systems" level
this becomes an option.  I suspect that as we expand our perceptions,
the possibilities arise to meet them, as we dare to accomplish what
has only been a dream we discover the means to approach that dream.
We often then get distracted thinking the means we have used to get
to a new plateau is the end we set out to achieve.  And we have to
keep re-discovering the possibilities and moving from the known into
the unknown.  And discovering and re-discovering old paths.

Oh, dear Kenoli - what a wonderful writer you are.  Thanks for your poetic
and insightful choice of words.

- - -
L i s a   H e f t
Consultant, facilitator, educator
Open Space Technology and Experiential Learning

2325 Oregon
Berkeley, California
94705-1106  USA
(+01) 510 548-8449